- Fire resistant sealing of penetrations from technical rooms of schools, offices, museums, hospitals, etc.
- For sealing penetrations in fire resistant walls from metalstud, brick and plaster walls.
- For penetrations with cables, metal and plastic pipes such as ABS, (U) PVC, PE and PP, wirings, Armaflexinsulation, etc.
- Ensure the opening and any substrate which the product willcome into contact with is clean, free from dust, loose particles,oil and grease.
- Mineral wool (min 80kg/m³) or PE backing rod can be usedas a backer.
- Widths around pipes should be 25% of the pipe diameter.
- If these are too narrow, then adjust.
- In metal stud walls fill depths completely up to surface.
- Fernostop is not be exposed to humidity until it is cured.
Extrude with a standard caulking gun. The sealant can be tooled and smoothed with a pallet knife using water. Tools and stains can be cleaned with water. Cured sealant can only be removed mechanically. Hands can be cleaned with Bloem PowerScrub wipes.